India has not ceded an inch of land to China and discussions are on to initiate disengagement from Gogra and Hot Springs, Indian Army chief General MM Naravane said on March 31.
“There has been a phased disengagement after the ninth round of Corps Commander-level talks and both armies have withdrawn to their previous positions. I want to clarify that we have not lost any territory,” Naravane told Aaj Tak.
He further said that India and China have adopted a path of talks to resolve the border tension. “Talks are on regarding locations like Gogra and the Hot Springs,” he said, as per the report.
The Indian Army and China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA), locked in a stand-off since April-May last year, began disengaging from eastern Ladakh on February 10.
So far, 10 rounds of corps commander-level military talks have been held but the situation has not been normalised in Eastern Ladakh.