Defence

People’s Liberation Army moves away troops that clashed at Galwan from LAC

The Chinese army has pulled back troops that were involved in the fatal clash at Galwan on June 15 from the flashpoint to lower tempers but it is still not clear if they have been rotated out from the sector as part of the disengagement process. Sources told ET that troops from the PLA battalion involved in the Galwan clash have been moved away from the Line of Actual Control (LAC) and regular border troops that had been manning the area have now been deployed.

As reported, troops from the 16 Bihar regiment that were involved in the deadly clash are being moved out from Galwan as well as part of the regular rotation of troops that is carried out in border areas. The 16 Bihar had to move out by March this year but the move got delayed after movements were restricted following the coronavirus crisis.

Defence minister Rajnath Singh met soldiers from 16 Bihar involved in the clash during his visit to the Pangong Tso on Friday, including a subedar of the battalion who led troops after the PLA ambush. The Chinese army has pulled back troops that were involved in the fatal clash at Galwan on June 15 from the flashpoint to lower tempers but it is still not clear if they have been rotated out from the sector as part of the disengagement process. Sources told ET that troops from the PLA battalion involved in the Galwan clash have been moved away from the Line of Actual Control (LAC) and regular border troops that had been manning the area have now been deployed.

As reported, troops from the 16 Bihar regiment that were involved in the deadly clash are being moved out from Galwan as well as part of the regular rotation of troops that is carried out in border areas. The 16 Bihar had to move out by March this year but the move got delayed after movements were restricted following the coronavirus crisis.

Defence minister Rajnath Singh met soldiers from 16 Bihar involved in the clash during his visit to the Pangong Tso on Friday, including a subedar of the battalion who led troops after the PLA ambush.

Facebook Comments

Source
ET News
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close
Close