Internal Security

One year of Pulwama attack: How security forces have prepared themselves to prevent such attacks

Security agencies and forces in India have been more alert since the Pulwama terror attack on February 14 last year where 40 CRPF soldiers were killed by a Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) suicide bomber.

Jaish bomber Adil Ahmed Dar, 20, rammed a SUV loaded with 350 kilograms of explosives into one of the buses — carrying 35-40 troopers — out of a 78-vehicle CRPF convoy.

A year on since the attack, the security forces are keeping a strict vigil and looking into methods to thwart Pulwama-like attack in future.

Also Read: Dues paid except for 1: CRPF releases clarification on payment dues to Pulwama martyrs

“Nobody can guarantee that Pulwama attack won’t be repeated but we can guarantee the possibility of the attack is decreased,” CRPF DG AP Maheshwari said.

Though the February 14 suicide bombing caught security forces off guard, sources say it is most difficult and hard to deal with suicide bombers. The “intelligence” had failed completely in February attack.

Many in the security forces believe that the Pulwama terror attack was “sophisticated” and the planning was carried out with much time and preparation. The intel agencies failed to sniff the attack. However, vigilance has increased since then.

“Several countermeasures have been taken including the use of mine proof vehicles, bulletproof vehicles, check posts, observers on-road,” Advisor to J&K Lieutenant Governor and former CRPF DG told India Today TV.

Facebook Comments

Source
India Today
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close
Close